Obama is God on Earth

Have we ever seen it? Are we getting closer or further away? What criteria would we use to evaluate a government? How would we legitimate those criteria?
wvanfleet
Administrator
Administrator

Obama is God on Earth

Post by wvanfleet »

I understand my image of Jesus to be mythical, and not necessarily consistent with the historical Jesus.  My mythical image of Jesus is that of advocate of the REUEP in his historical time.

Well, I find myself enthralled by what Obama is saying and doing, all of which seems to be unusually consistent with the REUEP.  I recognize that the historical Jesus and Obama are not very available to me, but I derive satisfaction and inspiration from seeing such effort as I attribute to both mythical figures.

My mythical Obama is not just helping to restore the world's admiration and confidence in the United States, but is also, maybe even more importantly, helping us to take our appropriate place in the world community, more and more working through the organizations of that community rather than taking unilateral action and hoping the rest of the world approves or at least tolerates it.

My mythical Obama is committed to transparency and friendly debate.  If what we believe in is really consistent with the REUEP, then it should make sense in the context of intensive scrutiny.

Perhaps going a little far out, I wonder what would have happened if after the WTC attack we had taken no retaliatory action, but instead had appealed to the world community to protect us and everyone from the increasing danger to our species of misguided ideology, and had offered our full support to whatever the world community decided.

And if we have another such incident, I wonder if the historical Obama would behave like my mythical Obama would, and whether that would be the right thing to do.

Bill Van Fleet
Humanian