Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living

This section is for recommended humanitarian organizations and efforts that appear consistent with the REUEP
ArlissWhiteside

Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living

Post by ArlissWhiteside »

Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) seems to be Humanian, see http://compassionateliving.info/

wvanfleet
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living

Post by wvanfleet »

This link doesn't seem to work.

wvanfleet
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living

Post by wvanfleet »

Tried the link again, and it worked. The book looked interesting.

I know that you have a special interest in compassion, and of course I consider it to be a good tendency to have. To me, it seems to fall under a broader heading, especially, of course, the HUEP (previously REUEP). It refers only to the response to suffering. I think the promotion of joy (in ways that do not also promote suffering or threat to our species) would be a companion value. So it seems to me that compassion has to do with the doing of that which will reduce pain, suffering, disability, and early death (PSDED), but that we also want to promote joy, contentment, and appreciation. Perhaps the compassion part is more important and more difficult. Needless human-induced PSDED should be perhaps our biggest concern, and "compassion" sounds like a candidate for a single word to stand for that component of the HUEP.